dsconfigad -username differentdomain\user

Fredrik81
New Contributor

Hello,
We are trying to setup a standard join script for our environment and to use 1 account for the domain joining part for all domains in the forest.
This have worked well in Windows but we are having no luck in getting this to work with dsconfigad.

Anyone know if it's possible to join computer to domain but specify account using the -username from a different domain using (example: Domainuser or user@domain)?

When we try this we just get different error messages. The account should have enough rights it works with this account in windows...

2 REPLIES 2

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Have you tried setting up an AD Bind configuration in the JSS? Settings > Computer Management > Directory Bindings. You can then supply the username (no user@domain or domainuser required) and the Computer OU. Could be CN=computers,DC=contoso,DC=com or OU=MyBigOu,DC=contoso,DC=com depending on what the computer is being added to.

Fredrik81
New Contributor

Hello,
Thanks for the reply!
This does not really help. What you are saying is domain specific account.
So if you want to join domain1 you need to specify account in that domain.

We are using a AD forest with several sub-domains.
Specific account in domain1 have access/permissions to join a computer in any of the other domains.

We can use this specific account in domain1 to join a computer to all other domains (example: domain2, domain3, domain4) on a Windows client.

In Mac i can't seem to get this working.
So i need to specify user@domain1 or domain1user as part of the bind process but i just get errors.