I am about to scream. After several hours on the phone with ASM and JAMF, and after being moved up the chain about three times, the issue is not resolved. All my info in ASM is correct and synced, the 5 students show up in all their classes as offline, and their ipads DO NOT show an EDU profile, even though I have checked User ID and location, I have verified it matches in ASM, I have verified I have the right ipad, the right person, the right Apple ID, and done blank push and update inventory and everything else you could think of. Still no dice. The one thing I discovered is that on all the messed-up ipads, the roster info did not sync over. I put it in manually, but still no dice. ANYONE have this issue? I am mega frustrated.
Yes, I'm getting this at the moment. I've got a call open with Jamf Support. Sometimes it takes ages for the EDU profile to be pushed through. Some users it's not even being pushed out.
This was working fine last week.
Im in the same boat about a week into the school year EDU profiles just stopped. i contacted everyone with no luck. i finally updated Jamf to 10.6.2 yesterday and noticed after the full reboot that it worked for about an hour. so i tried restarting tomcat same story, yesterday we restarted tomcat twice and its been up for about 18 hours with no issue(new record). im wondering if a couple stuck commands locked up everything and each reboot pushed another through. only time will tell.
Check for an old user object that may be still in Users. It may have the original roster info still with the hidden unique identifier needed to do the matching properly. Once matched = always matched. Delete the old user and then force sync and that might do it. If you have access to the DB, Support should be able to see the user ID that is matched.
On another note, just an FYI, I had a bunch of teacher iPads this past two weeks where Apple Classroom had all students grayed out. Reinstalling Apple Classroom did not help. I had to make a change to the Class to push out a new EDU profile to fix it. I did it by adding a teacher or student group temporarily, waiting, then removing it. EDU profile sent, problem fixed.
iOS device 11.3 or higher, but not iOS 12
I am seeing many devices not getting the edu profile when expected
Either Manually created classes based on Device Smart groups
ASM Synced classes
With Jamf's help we removed all users' information based on last year's roster info so my users are cleaned up
Devices are checking in and getting commands, but the edu profile never queues up.
Class of 24, 5 do not get the profile, and I cannot find anything that stands out about these devices
Another class or 23, 11 do not get profile
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENT! I had exactly that problem with a teacher's ipad. Even after reinstalling it didn't work. Then I looked up, if that username was already used by another ipad. And that exactly was the case! For a short test we used that username on another ipad and never deleted it. Now by deleting it, it worked immediately! Without that comment I don't know what hours would have been spent into this finding the error.
We found one additional reason why a teacher’s Apple Classroom stopped working. They had joined the WiFi using a private MAC address. Once we turned that off it began working consistently again. It might be related to our Aruba network and Clearpass.. we’ve switched to WiFi profiles with that setting off.