Enable Leopard Guest Account ?

Not applicable

The 10.5.x OS package that we are currently using has the Leopard guest account disabled.

We have a few machines out there that we would actually like to enable this on. I'm trying to figure out if there
is a way to enable it via command line, but I can't find any command line interface to that setting.

Has anyone out there managed to do this ?

I can have Casper create a guest account, but it would be nice to use the standard Leopard one as all the
data gets erased each time a guest user logs out.

Roger Corbin
Richmond School District 38

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Workgroup Manager, Login prefs - has a checkbox to enable Guest account on all managed systems. If you want it on only a few systems, create a computer group of just those systems, then set that pref just for that group.

johnd

Not applicable

Thanks for the tip on this John but I seem to have hit another strange roadblock.

Is it just me or is there no way to browse the network for computers and add them as computer accounts in 10.5 server's Workgroup Manager ? There used to be a browse function in 10.4.x Workgroup Manager where you could browse the network for machines and then drag them in. I have been looking all over for this function in 10.5 WGM. After I couldn't find it I started reading through the manual to see what it says. All it mentions is adding them by MAC address. Is this feature really gone ? Are they planning to add it back ? As a plan B is there some way to import a list of MAC addresses ? I can't say I really want to enter in hundreds of MAC addresses in by hand.

Roger Corbin
Richmond School District #38