Endless invitations from app store? They keep coming back!

ScottCall
New Contributor

We added a new VPP account to our JAMF instance this morning and since then, I've been repeatedly spammed with a pop up from the app store. (changed my organization name to "myorgname" but it really shows our actual org name)

Invitation from "myorgname"

"myorgname" wants to make apps available to you.

and then there's a "Not Now" and "Accept"

"Not Now" causes the pop up to reappear 1-60 seconds later and it never stops.

"Accept" throws me to an apple page with the URL that includes "associateVPPUserWithITSAccount" and then launches the app store.

I verify my email address and password and get an Apple Media Services agreement.  I click "Agree" after checking the "I have read..." box and a window opens with the title "Allow Assignment" and the text "The organization can now assign apps and books to you".

I click done and 0-60 seconds later the same darn pop-up appears and if I click "Accept" it starts the whole thing over and if I click "Not Now" it comes back again and again.

It's popped up like 10 times while I've been typing this and my computer has been rendered useless by the constant interruption.

My only solace is that it seems to only affect me and none of my end users (so far)

Please Help Jamf Nation!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ScottCall
New Contributor

Ok so apparently Apple has issued every admin on our ABM the same VPP token (I guess this is normal?) so once we removed the extra VPP accounts from JAMF the approval spam stopped.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ScottCall
New Contributor

Ok so apparently Apple has issued every admin on our ABM the same VPP token (I guess this is normal?) so once we removed the extra VPP accounts from JAMF the approval spam stopped.