Enterprise Anti-virus for MacOS

VitorCostaUK
New Contributor III

Hi all, I just wanted to reach out and find out what products you're using for you MacOS Antivirus?

We used to use SCEP but since its been retired we need to look into a new replacement to ensure that we remain Cyber Essentials compliant?

10 REPLIES 10

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

We use Sophos Endpoint.

afarnsworth
Contributor

Crowdstrike is used in our org and our CyberSec team seems to really like it.

Matt_Roy93
Contributor

We currently use Sophos Endpoint Cloud, it works fairly well and is easy to manage and view crucial data when needed. Installing the client required a little bit of Jamf magic but is fairly painless. Overall If you need to run something on the Macs I would recommend the product, unless you want to wait to see what Jamf does with the Digita Security product...

VitorCostaUK
New Contributor III

@Matt_Roy93

Do you use Sophos to manage just your Mac estate or also your windows estate ?

What’s the price point that Sophos come in at ?

And is it licensed per user or per device ?

Onkston
New Contributor III

Microsoft extended the free ESET offering for another year for former SCEP users. We are waiting to see what Jamf does with their endpoint product before going to something like Sophos.

Matt_Roy93
Contributor

@VitorCostaUK

We use it for both Mac and Windows devices.

I am not sure exactly what the price point is as I do not handle purchasing within the department.

I believe it is licensed by device in our environment.

jefff
Contributor II

We've been satisfied with ESET Endpoint Antivirus, the free replacement for SCEP. We manage it so the user has to opt-in to web protection and email protection. The default settings for those features are a bit heavy-handed for our environment. The performance toll of EEA is much less than we were seeing with SCEP.

VitorCostaUK
New Contributor III

@jefff

The Free replacement offered for SCEP is that for the cloud solution or just an on-prem solution?

jefff
Contributor II

@VitorCostaUK The free replacement version is on-prem.

m_donovan
Contributor III

We just started using Microsoft Defender for both Mac and Windows computers.