ERROR_ALERT_TITLE: ENROLLMENT STATUS FAIL IOS MANAGED DEVICES

Jawalker
New Contributor II

We are having an issue with all new enrolled IOS devices. The device is being enrolled correctly, but when we attempt to open self service we get this error. I have verified that we have enough licenses from the VPP. Self service is running properly on our computers just not on IOS devices. Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 2.16.31 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This was resolved by adding the following into App Configuration tab of Jamf Self Service App in Mobile Device Apps:

<dict>
<key>INVITATION_STRING</key>
<string>$MOBILEDEVICEAPPINVITE</string>
<key>JSS_ID</key>
<string>$JSSID</string>
<key>SERIAL_NUMBER</key>
<string>$SERIALNUMBER</string>
<key>DEVICE_NAME</key>
<string>$DEVICENAME</string>
<key>MAC_ADDRESS</key>
<string>$MACADDRESS</string>
<key>UDID</key>
<string>$UDID</string>
<key>JSS_URL</key>
<string>$JPS_URL</string>
</dict>

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

mstydel
Contributor

What version of Jamf are you running?  Also I would assume you are on the most recent version of the Self Service app?  Seems like either Jamf 10.43.1 or the 11.1.0 version of the app is causing some issues, some are unable to have it prompt for login properly when it launches.  The workaround for that right now is to disable the required login option.

gkempenich
New Contributor II

I'm seeing this issue also. I have no user login set though.

user-rGXZvvXxwj
New Contributor II

Seeing this issue here as well. We don't have login for Self Service turned on either.
Any fixes for those who already don't have login turned on?

Rigbys-trampoli
New Contributor II

Hey there,

Have you had any APNS token issues in the past. Seen this before. Delete the device record in Jamf, Wipe device, re-enroll. Try again.

If your APNS token changed at any point and this device was affected by the change, the topic for APNS doesn't match the APNS topic for your device so it doesn't see it as enrolled. This means someone incorrectly updated the token in the past and your affected device was part of the old one that's no longer used and Jamf pro has not updated it to reflect that because it doesn't do that except during enrollment.

Try those steps and lmk if it continues.

mtbhuskies
New Contributor II

I'm seeing the same issue on 2 ipads that I am trying to enroll. I have removed their record in Jamf Pro, and wiped and restored via Apple Configurator 2, but I am still getting the same error on both ipads.

This was resolved by adding the following into App Configuration tab of Jamf Self Service App in Mobile Device Apps:

<dict>
<key>INVITATION_STRING</key>
<string>$MOBILEDEVICEAPPINVITE</string>
<key>JSS_ID</key>
<string>$JSSID</string>
<key>SERIAL_NUMBER</key>
<string>$SERIALNUMBER</string>
<key>DEVICE_NAME</key>
<string>$DEVICENAME</string>
<key>MAC_ADDRESS</key>
<string>$MACADDRESS</string>
<key>UDID</key>
<string>$UDID</string>
<key>JSS_URL</key>
<string>$JPS_URL</string>
</dict>

Thank you mtbhuskies, this fixed my issue.

user-rGXZvvXxwj
New Contributor II

Thank you all. 

We are seeing this issue less frequently as before.
The only thing we have changed is upgrading our Jamf Pro server to 10.45. 

DanVT
New Contributor III

Hi All, this just recently happen to us as well.  Again, no changes, other than 10.45.  Has there been any news on this error?

m_mile24
New Contributor

Experiencing this in our environment 

jaminam
New Contributor

EXELLENT