My Policies started not working sporadically. When I clicked on a Computer Record and wen to to Management, Policies, no policies were displayed there was an error:
ERROR CALCULATING POLICIES IN SCOPE
Check that your LDAP server is properly configured and accessible
If I went to System Settings, LDAP Servers, and clicked on my server, Test, both User Mappings and Group Mappings I received results confirming not issues with LDAP server communicating.
Jamf Pro Cloud ran updates this past weekend to 10.35 is only thing that changed.
System Settings, Jamf Pro Server Logs, and saw error:
We verified that User and Group Lookups are completing successfully and verified that in User Group Membership mappings we have the setting 'Use the LDAP compare operation when searching the LDAP directory'
We have verified that there is a visible issue in the logs with "javax.naming.directory.NoSuchAttributeException: [LDAP: error code 16 - 00002080: AtrErr: DSID-03080158, #1:
0: 00002080: DSID-03080158, problem 1001 (NO_ATTRIBUTE_OR_VAL)"
This issue has been previously resolved by changing the Membership Location in Jamf Pro > Settings > System Settings > LDAP Servers > User Group Membership Mappings from Group Object to User Object.
Jamf Technical Support Kamil Malek sent me this to try and it worked!
Settings > LDAP Servers > User Group Membership Mappings from Group Object to User Object
Group Member Mapping: memberOf
X-Use distinguished name of user groups when searching
X-Use recursive group searches
The same settings I had, only changed was from Group Oject to User Object
I then went into a Computer Record, Management, Policies and they now appeared and issue/error went away!