Error in Configuration Profile Display

musat
Contributor III

Hello,

We have an existing Configuration Profile created to apply some restrictions to our student MacBooks. Sometime after the update to Casper 9, the Restrictions and Parental Controls sections are just showing an error when trying to edit them in the JSS. The error in Restrictions is:

OSXConfigurationProfile.com.apple.applicationaccess.new.jsp is not implemented.

I can create a new Configuration Profile with Restrictions and they display and edit properly.

These current Restrictions are being applied correctly, and I can see the settings in the Profiles on a Mac that has had them applied. I just can't view or edit them in the JSS. The issue is that we are in a situation where we need to tweak these settings and I can't edit the existing Configuration Profile. I'll make a new one if I need to, but I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that.

Tim

9 REPLIES 9

markgibson
New Contributor

We have exactly the same problem, it looks like (though I'm not certain) this happened after we updated to v9.2.

coreythefore
New Contributor

same here... only noticed this after needing to add an application to the allowed list.

musat
Contributor III

Thought I would post the response I received from JAMF Support:

At this time we're waiting for the next release to fix this on our end. Thanks for being so patient while we fix these defects.

So, this is an issue they know about.

Joseph_Morris
Contributor

Restrictions works, but in 9.2 it breaks the Restrictions payload ONLY when updating a profile from a previous version. If you create a new profile and add restrictions, the profile will work fine. Parental controls on the other hand, is hosed until the next release.

ifbell
Contributor

With 9.2 JSS I am seeing similar in a test profile under Security & Privacy but the message I get is, OSXConfigurationProfile.com.apple.SubmitDiaginfo.jsp. The left hand column tells me I have a single payload configured for that option. If I try to set up a new configuration profile and set that same option I get the same result.

deej
New Contributor III

@ifbell Ditto.

ifbell
Contributor

Okay I have a fix for my specific issue but you may want to try this. In talking with my support person they had me run the following commands against the mysql database.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck -u root -p --repair jamfsoftware

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck -u root -p --optimize jamfsoftware

These corrected the issues I had, your milage may vary.

deej
New Contributor III

I tried the repair and optimise, but it did not alter my inability to create a Restrictions or Security & Privacy payload in either an existing or brand new Configuration Profile.
Raised with Support.

msnyder12
New Contributor

Same issue as deej. I ran the repair and optimize as suggested, but my results still produce: OSXConfigurationProfile.com.apple.SubmitDiagInfo.jsp is not implemented. Under Security & Privacy

I also get: OSXConfigurationProfile.com.apple.MCX.jsp is not implemented. Under Login Window