Error - Managed settings where not received - Self Service iOS

Lucasw
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I get the following error on all newly deployed iOS devices with self service app installed.

Error - The required managed settings where not recieved.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CSNavigateurs
New Contributor III

You will need to delete the Self-Service app on the iPad .... then in go to the JSS to the ipad "management" and "update inventory" .. SS reinstalls correctly

it solved that issue on the iPad for me

regards
Danyel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CSNavigateurs
New Contributor III

You will need to delete the Self-Service app on the iPad .... then in go to the JSS to the ipad "management" and "update inventory" .. SS reinstalls correctly

it solved that issue on the iPad for me

regards
Danyel

jdrake
New Contributor

I am also seeing this error. Unfortunately, uninstalling and reinstalling did not help. Any other ideas?

efbadmin
New Contributor

The uninstall and reinstall did not work for me either. Any other suggestions to fix?

bcampbell
Contributor

@jdrake @efbadmin If you are deploying Self Service through your own app object, make sure it has the correct App Configuration settings in the object per this article: Manually Deploying Self Service Mobile for iOS

richeames
New Contributor III

Came across this post recently since I was running into the Managed settings error and wanted to post my fix. Somehow we had 2 Self Service Apps listed Mobile Device Apps, one had the correct App settings, the other was the default no settings. Once I deleted the 2nd Self Service app from the JSS I was able to push out the Self Service app with the customized settings without any issues.

Rich

jcorderojr
New Contributor

I completed the uninstall and reinstall and successfully worked here on this end.
Thanks for the supportive link

basse
New Contributor II

We just decided to make the switch to the app rather than the webclip and of course I came across this very same error. After reading the complete article that @bcampbell had posted and worrying that I would have to change the settings and removing the webclip in the middle of the school year I finally noticed that there is a very important part in the article, namely line 16. Once I entered the string and edited the URL to our server the Self Service app worked.

I did NOT have to change the INSTALL AUTOMATICALLY to NEITHER. Right now we still have it set to SELF SERVICE WEBCLIP.
The app itself however is set to install automatically.

We are currently using JAMF Pro v.10.1.1-t1513360285