Failed Policies Notifications

greatkemo
Contributor II

Folks,

Does anyone know of a way to disable email notification on a specific policy? My problem is that I have a policy that runs an applescript to mount a user's home at login, but when I am imaging computers (especially a lab full) I get spammed with notifications from the JSS that the policy has failed to run, because when a computer reaches the point of imaging that it reboots and logs into the adobeinstall temp user (and obviously he does not exist in AD) the script can't mount his share and I get mail.

Now I know there might be other ways to write the script to exclude that user, but it could still happen if a support person is logging in with a local admin account and so many other reasons, which I do not want to get notified for or have the time or skills to scope for every possible senario in the script, so I have come to the conclusion if there is a way of just turning off notifications for individual polices, that would be awesome!!! if there isn't, sounds like a good feature request to me.

Thanks,

Kamal

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I feel your pain. Vote this up-
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=658

Sorry that I don't have an actual answer for you. The "answer" here is that the Casper Suite needs to gain the ability to more granularly control which policies should send error notifications.