Failed to send Notification to Mobile Devices with Self Service Mobile Installed

reon
Contributor

hi there,

I used to be able to send notification to Self Service and Notification Center, the iPads will received pop up messages.

But I have no idea why I'm not receiving any pop up notification recently, my proxy is not expired, my message will appears in Self Service APP if I tap to open the APP, but I'm just not receiving notifications.

I've checked all the settings in iPad, I'm pretty sure all notification settings are turned on.

Anyone facing same issue?

6 REPLIES 6

fraserspeirs
New Contributor II

Yes, I have seen this too on iOS 9.3.3. I'm even using a configuration profile to force the notification setting for Self service Mobile to no effect.

Sorry I don't have a solution or workaround.

reon
Contributor

hi @fraserspeirs ,

thanks for the reply.

I'm start seeing the issue since iOS 9.3.2, was hoping updated it to 9.3.3 would solve the issue, apparently it doesn't.

bmortens115
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

seeing the same thing. The notifications come into the self service app, but there is nothing in notification center even tho I have a config profile to enable notifications for self service. This may be a feature, but I don't see self service in the notifications tab in settings on the iOS devices but I can see that the config profile is on the device.

reon
Contributor

it used to be a working feature, my last attempt was on 13-July as shown in screen shot.

On next day (14-July), I wanted to demonstrate to my team but it doesn't work anymore.

8cb591a9f196411c84c55faa5538347b

reon
Contributor

Update:

Updated to JSS 9.93 Issue not resolved

dwysocki
New Contributor

Has tech support been notified of this. It is also not working for me.