Filevault / High Sierra 10.13.1

lrabotteau
New Contributor III

Hello guys , sorry for my bad English for my first thread :)

I've an issue with Filevault on a new MacBook Air on 10.13.1

Filevault is appear correctly complete on system pref panels and is turn"ON"

When my MBA have finished to encrypt the disk , the local admin account and the AD account (after have enabled this on FileVault pref panes ) don't appear like encrypt.

The MBA restart directly to the local admin session and need the password and not showing the login screen with black icon for encrypt user enable.

I've correctly settings the system login with "List of users" but nothing happened , only Local admin account is directly choose and need the password for open the session.

If someone has already see this issue or something like that.

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lrabotteau
New Contributor III

Yes I've done this step.

I've correctly add the user for have access to unlock the encrypt drive but when I've restart I'm directly on the admin session who need the password like a lock screen (I do not have the normal view of a disk encrypted and I can't choose session, I have no choice I'm on admin directly looks like a classic login without Filevault but enable on Filevault Tab SYS pref)

Actually I try to "Turn OFF" for "TURN ON" again , maybe an issue with High Sierra.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ultrakev75
New Contributor II

In System Pref > Security & Privacy - FileVault Tab (if you have set an individual key (rather than an institutional key) for the encryption) you will need to add each user that logs into the Mac or only the local admin will have access.

lrabotteau
New Contributor III

Yes I've done this step.

I've correctly add the user for have access to unlock the encrypt drive but when I've restart I'm directly on the admin session who need the password like a lock screen (I do not have the normal view of a disk encrypted and I can't choose session, I have no choice I'm on admin directly looks like a classic login without Filevault but enable on Filevault Tab SYS pref)

Actually I try to "Turn OFF" for "TURN ON" again , maybe an issue with High Sierra.