Firefox ESR 31.5.0

gskibum
Contributor III

Anyone else having trouble with the Firefox ESR 31.5.0 that was just released?

I tried 4 different Macs. Two were just direct downloads from Mozilla and the other two I pushed out Firefox with a policy.

They all do the same thing. Upon opening the app there's a long "Verifying Firefox.app" progress bar followed up with a Gatekeeper dialog: “Firefox.app” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.

Rolling back to the old one works.

7 REPLIES 7

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

The 31.5 update is working fine for me, but it's just going out to most of our UAT group tonight. I didn't run across that issue with any of my packaging tests, or on my own machine, however.

Are your endpoints up-to-date on their Gatekeeper config data?

joecurrin
New Contributor III

We haven't had any issues on our end either. What locale version are you using? If you are using the US or GB version I can check your md5 against mine.

gskibum
Contributor III

Thanks guys. Later today I'm going to check something out. When out-of-nowhere really strange things like this happen I sometimes find the ad blocker on my Kerio firewall is the culprit. But that's always been when Apple is the source.

gskibum
Contributor III

I'm not sure what the issue was.

Friday I gave it a quick shot and it seemed as though the ad blocker might have been at play. But I had no time to take a real close look until today. And now the issue is gone.

Tigerhaven
Contributor

Hi everyone is there a way or a third party addon though which i can add our corporate certificates and package it

Kunal V

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

https://mike.kaply.com/cck2/

Shoesmithlc
New Contributor III

When I had ran the tests cards for work. I had no problems.