Flip4Mac install was working now all of a sudden it fails

aamjohns
Contributor II

If I use policy, auto or self service, to install flip4mac.pkg I get this logged:

This computer does not meet the OS Requirements for the package Flip4Mac.pkg

This was working fine until recently and I did not change anything with this package.

If I download the .pkg to the machine and run it, it works. It just won't install as a policy.

I tried recreating the package both by making one through composer and just dragging the .pkg into admin. Both error with same message.

I'm testing on a 10.8 machine, but all the machines are 10.7.x or greater. So they all meet the OS requirement.

Whatever is happening only happens if it is installed as a policy. Is anyone else seeing this?

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I know you said you didn't change anything with the package, but, if you double click the pkg in Casper Admin, or view it within the Casper Admin section in the Web UI, under Options -> Package Limitations, are you sure nothing got set there for either "OS Requirements" or the "Install only if Process is" sections? It almost sounds like something got set there and the JSS is honoring that. If the same pkg works when downloaded from the DP but not via policy then either one of those options got set on the package that the policy is seeing, or somehow the pkg is being corrupted when downloaded via the policy.
To test the latter, you could try caching the pkg down in the policy only, then install it manually from the command line from the /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/ directory. If it fails, then somethings getting messed up when it downloads the package. If it works, well, then I'm not sure. Check those out and post back.

aamjohns
Contributor II

Great point. You found my problem. I think that is the only app that I actually use the OS requirement field on. I had put in 10.7,10.8. I took that out and it worked.

I thought that was valid syntax but I guess it should have been 10.7.x, 10.8.x?

Thanks for being the second eyes that saw the keep it simple solution. I didn't even think about that. I may just avoid using those settings from now on. Thanks, AJ.

-Edit - I just went through and double checked all my apps. That was the only one where I was using a criteria like that. Thanks again.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yeah, you need to use the 10.7.x or 10.8.x syntax because otherwise it would only install if the OS was 10.7 or 10.8 exactly. Anything higher and its not the right OS according to that setting.
Anyway, glad it was something simple.