FloatinMessage.saver screen saver not displaying computer name

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

my configuration profile is set to use /System/Library/Screen Savers/FloatingMessage.saver

but the computer name is not being displayed, instead it just says

YOUR MESSAGE HERE

I logged into one of the macs , system preferences --> Desktop & Screen Saver --> Screen Saver Options --> and the message is set to the computers name

so why is it not displaying the computers name in the floating message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

maybe its 9.81, not dealing with this issue any further so i changed it to use Random.saver,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JustDeWon
Contributor III

If you are trying to have this shown at the login window, the path would be /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/Computer Name.saver

If not, than the path you are going to, for just the floating message.saver should work.. Have you tried creating a .pkg from it in Composer, and uploading to the JSS, then create a policy to have it install on the clients?

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Hi @tcaldana, can you share the .plist data from your .mobileconfig file?

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@rqomsiya I am creating a configuration profile and using the login window payload and within this payload I enter /System/Library/Screen Savers/FloatingMessage.saver for the screen saver to use once the screen saver kicks in.

Have not created a pkg for it, am creating a configuration profile. Using 10.11 so I see the FloatingMessage.saver in the correct directory

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

maybe its 9.81, not dealing with this issue any further so i changed it to use Random.saver,

skinford
Contributor III

Thanks @JustDeWon that was exactly what I was looking for the floating message saver, Have a blessed day my friend!