Free App With InStore Purchase Option Requires Apple ID

chorstman
New Contributor II

I have "purchased" the free app Record It from ASM and then assigned the app to a static group.  This app has an in-app purchase option to allow longer recording time.  We do not need the longer recording time, so we do not plan to make the in-app purchase.  When the student installs the app from self service they are asked to verify their Apple ID.  The Apple IDs are managed, so the students are not able to complete this.  I can go to settings and enter the password on the individual iPad, but the app still does not install.  When I look back in self service, the app is just spinning.  If I close self service and open it again, I am given the option to install the app.  Again, it only spins and does not install.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am new to jamf.

2 REPLIES 2

Nicholaus
Contributor

When deploying the app, you need to click on the "Managed Distribution" tab and check the box for "Assign Content Purchased in Volume". You can edit the app in Jamf Pro and apply this setting after the fact. This needs to be checked for each app that you want to deploy this way.

If that step is not done, the app won't know that you've added it via ASM/ABM and it will need to reach out to the Apple app store to download it.

chorstman
New Contributor II

Thank you!! It worked.  Such a simple little thing.  I certainly appreciate your help.