Freshservice Agent install with json file.

user-kfXhJNUHAG
New Contributor III

Our company is moving to Freshservice. Working on a policy to push the Freshservice agent to all our Macs. The Agnet is a pkg file and that installs fine but I can't figure out how to make it reference the json file for the registration key and account info. I tried using Composer to create a custom pkg but it flat out doesn't work. Any assistance would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

hleahy
New Contributor

Running into the same issue over here. It says that it is able to successfully install the package and looks like it is going to work, but never reports back to FreshService.

SmilieK
New Contributor III

This is how I solved it with a site I worked with.
Put all 3 files in composer and then in postinstall, run both installers in the correct order.

065b5e76f95e471aabac7929bdddba14

e988998a815a46749184de6b1803d256

user-kfXhJNUHAG
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response I will try this out and see if I can get it going.

user-kfXhJNUHAG
New Contributor III

Smiliek Thanks so much for your recommendation I followed what you did and it worked perfectly!

cheungm
New Contributor

Hi, where did you get the FreshserviceAgent.pkg? I only received the other 2 files.

user-kfXhJNUHAG
New Contributor III

You create it once you build that PKG, do the file copy to the directory then you drag the freshly created FreshserviceAgent.pkg into Composer and drop it in the folder structure. Then you hit build as PKG again and that is your final package. I was confused at first too till I tried that, never would have thought about doing something like that.

cheungm
New Contributor

That works. Thanks.

ashdavely
New Contributor

This is my first time using composer trying to accomplish this. Can you provide some additional steps to get this going?

user-kfXhJNUHAG
New Contributor III

Start out by creating a Normal Snapshot, Name it what you like I named it similar to what SmilieK did. After the the snapshot copy the files to a folder easily accessible. I actually put it in /Users/Shared/tmp Once you have the files copied click Create Package Source. When it is finished you will see the file structure. Drag your newly created package into Composer so it adds it to folder structure. Then click Build as PKG. The create your script which actually installs the agent based on SmilieK's example script. Obviously you want to edit the file path if you aren't using what he did. It worked perfectly for me.