Getting a device from ABM to Jamf Pro

finallyhappened
New Contributor

Hello all,

Sorry for the novice question -- I am a ConfigMgr/Windows Engineer who recently was asked to support this environment until our open positions are filled. I've tried to find documentation on this process and troubleshooting it but have had no luck with the official docs.

My support team is trying to get this new device provisioned for an end user and claims the device was in Jamf but simply "vanished" at some point. I can confirm the device does not exist in Jamf. The device does exist in ABM and has been assigned to Jamf. 

What would be my next steps in getting this device to show back up within Jamf? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kkeilson
New Contributor

If the device isn't appearing in JAMF, then it was removed or never enrolled in the first place. Double-check your prestage enrollments and ensure the enrollment is scoped to include the device that appears to be missing.

As long as it appears in this list, that would mean that ABM informed Jamf Pro about this device and the device should then be automated enrolled (if wiped) or would need to be manually enrolled.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kkeilson
New Contributor

If the device isn't appearing in JAMF, then it was removed or never enrolled in the first place. Double-check your prestage enrollments and ensure the enrollment is scoped to include the device that appears to be missing.

As long as it appears in this list, that would mean that ABM informed Jamf Pro about this device and the device should then be automated enrolled (if wiped) or would need to be manually enrolled.

Wow, a most excellent reply. Thanks for helping me solve this issue and learn something in the process. Very much appreciated by not just me but also the hospital staff needing this device.