Give applications "full access."

Phinull_Girl
New Contributor

I work in an education environment and some of the new features in Ventura have prevented our students from using the programs in the way they used to.

For example, they have limited access to Garage Band and aren't able to make their own changes or add their own files. Is there some way to give "full access" to applications through Jamf?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is a way in System settings / Privacy and security / Full Disk Access.
You should be able to create a PPPC config to set it. Use PPPC app from Jamf or the iMazing app to create the config, and upload that to your Jamf server. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

Our students are not Admins on the Macs. They use GarageBand as a part of their courses. As far as I am aware the only thing they are not able to do is add to the built in Sounds Library, it needs Admin authorisation to install the Sounds. They can do everything else in the App.
The Sound Libraries are installed in /Library which will require an admin account to change. On a test machine you could try and change the permissions to the folders used by it to allow the files to be installed by any user. But I have never tried that so it may not work. And Apple updates might reset it back.

There should be some method of giving full disk access to applications. There is in the settings menu. I'm just hoping someone knows where/how to do it through Jamf.

There is a way in System settings / Privacy and security / Full Disk Access.
You should be able to create a PPPC config to set it. Use PPPC app from Jamf or the iMazing app to create the config, and upload that to your Jamf server.