Google Chrome Browser and Local Destinations

psher12
New Contributor

Hi everyone!

I've been reading and searching the discussions for a while now and finally decided to join the community. :)

Here's my setup: I inherited a role as IT Director at an all Mac school. The current environment is this: we have a Deploy Studio server for imaging, a Munki server for managing software, and Work Group Manager for deploying printers and managing some preferences for a few groups (I know it's no longer supported but it still works). I also use Apple Remote Desktop Manager to support users and do some management. We are on the MacOS Sierra.

Here's my issue: On iMacs when anyone logs in and launches the Google Chrome Browser and click print using the Chrome system dialog, under Local destinations several printers show that are no longer on the machine show.

What I've tried:

-- Deleting all printers in the CUPS interface, deleting all printers from Scanners & Printers, and removing all printers through Work Group Manager (in some cases I've done all three--depending on what was left showing under Local destinations in Chrome.

-- I've rebooted in between these steps, and tested signing into Chrome with user accounts and without signing in.

-- I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome (rebooting in between).

DESPITE all of these steps, old printers keep showing up in Google Chrome's local destinations within the print dialog. (The printers don't appear anywhere else (in the Apple System Dialog or in other browsers).

What I need: Please, please help me find a way to remove local destinations in the Chrome browser for all users signing into the computer. Thank you in advance. :)

0 REPLIES 0