Hide iOS app from home screen but allow it to still launch

kbreed27
Contributor

Hi JAMF'ers... JAMF'ees.... JAMFS

I am trying to deploy an iOS app (through VPP) and keep it from showing up on the home screen. I need the app to still be able to launch, but ideally icon would be hidden. Basically, we have our SSO app that we deploy to all iPads that our students need to login to first and then they launch the app that I want to hide through that SSO app. I tried setting up the Restrictions configuration profile to not allow the app, but in this configuration the SSO app won't launch the second app. Is there a way to just hide the app from the home screen through configuration profile, but it still live and be usable on the iPad?

1 REPLY 1

jcvongal
New Contributor II

Did you ever find a solution to this? We would like to do this for a couple of apps that iOS needs but we prefer the end users not to know the app is installed. I get that they may find it if they do a spotlight search and that is ok. Just prefer the app icon not to be on the device. Example is that the App Store and iTunes need to be on an iPad for iBook distrobution to work but our end user really do not need access to these app (and we prefer they not be tempted to poke around just to see what they can do).