How many APPLE DEP Groups do yall have created in APPLE?

kevin_ramos
New Contributor

Are you a institution or business? How many device are you working with? Also, do y'all have multiple pre-stage enrollments to match your DEP Groups created in APPLE?

4 REPLIES 4

VT-Vincent
New Contributor III

I manage a deployment of teacher and student iPads in a middle school as well as one grade level in the high school. We're hovering around 1,300 devices and I organize the pre-stage enrollments by class for students and by building for the staff. For example, I have my student groups as student-gradyear, such as "student-2021" for my 7th grade. Staff is simply staff-building, such as "staff-dms." So right now we have six groups total. It makes it easy to generate smart groups based on those specific pre-stage enrollments and assign inventory attributes relevant to that group.

As far as how I handle the Apple DEP side of things, I simply upload the batches by the pre-stage enrollment they need to go in. For example, this summer I uploaded 350 iPads for the class of 2021 then went into the pre-stage enrollment, confirmed that I had 350 unassigned devices then simply assigned all of them to that enrollment. Uploading everything at once would make too tedious to separate them into the individual enrollments.

kevin_ramos
New Contributor

So you have 1 APPLE DEP?

bumbletech
Contributor III

I manage iPads for a consortium of 6 school districts—4 of which are currently using DEP. One DEP account per district. Each district has a few Pre-Stage groups, typically Staff/Student/Building.

rcorbin
Contributor II

We have 50 DEP instances all pointing to one JSS. Each of these represents a different site. Then we have 50 different pre-stage enrollment setups to go with that.