How to create .mobileconfig from plist text from Jamf site?

RCRC74
New Contributor

Trying to make the following TeamViewer Host Unsigned.mobileconfig file from the what I assume to be the plist text from the Jamf site: https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/jamf-pro-documentation-current/page/TeamViewer_Integration.html

Only the plist text is listed there, how would I copy that and create the .mobileconfig file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

talkingmoose

Mobileconfig files are a type of plist file. What you’re seeing on the page is a .mobileconfig file.

To use it, copy the entire XML for the flavor of TeamViewer you’re using (TeamViewer, TeamViewer Host, or TeamViewer QuickSupport) and paste it into a plain text editor like BBEdit. You can use TextEdit, but be sure to convert the new window to plain text before pasting the data.

Save the file as something like “TeamViewer.mobileconfig”. The file name isn’t important.

In Jamf Pro click Computers > Configuration Profiles > Upload (next to the New button) and choose the TeamViewer.mobileconfig file.

You should see a new configuration profile with all the settings you need. It’s ready to scope, save, and deploy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

talkingmoose

Mobileconfig files are a type of plist file. What you’re seeing on the page is a .mobileconfig file.

To use it, copy the entire XML for the flavor of TeamViewer you’re using (TeamViewer, TeamViewer Host, or TeamViewer QuickSupport) and paste it into a plain text editor like BBEdit. You can use TextEdit, but be sure to convert the new window to plain text before pasting the data.

Save the file as something like “TeamViewer.mobileconfig”. The file name isn’t important.

In Jamf Pro click Computers > Configuration Profiles > Upload (next to the New button) and choose the TeamViewer.mobileconfig file.

You should see a new configuration profile with all the settings you need. It’s ready to scope, save, and deploy.

Perfect, seems the step that I missed was making sure it was set to plain text in TextEdit.....many thanks!