Imaging Issue

bbergstein
New Contributor III

Hi all-

This is probably something pretty silly, but I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere, including the archives. I have been trying to get our netboot/casper imaging up and running, and I am running into an issue when Casper Imaging actually tries to image the machine. I set up a very basic OS install (just base OS and updates) and created the dmg with composer. I also created the netboot set with casper netinstall creator, which works just fine. I am able to netboot the machine and launch casper imaging, but when I go to actually image the machine, it keeps putting my OS image under Prepare FirstRun Script, instead of right after erasing the drive and before everything else. I even tried compiling this configuration (which took forever), but no dice.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Benji Bergstein
Client Strategies
Giant Eagle, Inc.

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

It likely means you have the "this package must be installed to the boot volume at imaging" box checked in your package options. This should not be. In reality, that checkbox is poorly worded. It means "Install this item to the boot volume after imaging".

Make sure your settings for this package look like the attached picture.

![external image link](attachments/9cfcf22d7f004b6c8cf2341da4f6ac99)

Regards,
-Sean Hansell
![external image link](attachments/105abf41b5f644d78c2d293f06d7dd40)

bbergstein
New Contributor III

and.....that resolved it. Thanks!