Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

"Once per user per computer" Policy frequency

I have recently created a new policy that is intended to run with the frequency of "once per user per computer". This is my first time i have used this type of policy in production. This policy acts as a simple 'on-boarding' policy for new users (it ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Excluding certain terms from passwords

Hi there, Is there a way to block users from using passwords containing certain words or phrases? I know there is the complex password setting which stops sequential letters and numbers like "1234" and "abcd". But is it possible to stop users using t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Apple Id School Year Rollover

Hello Everyone, I just have a quick question about Managed Apple Id's (MAIDs) and a new school year. Our iPad deployment is cart based from TK-8. So each year students have a different device. We recently started using MAIDs . I was wondering what ha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Configuration - Force Changes

I have an VPP App with some XML App Configuration. I need to make changes to the App Config. Any idea on how to get these changes forced out on devices? It appears that App Config is sent before install.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

UK Mac Support

So we are selling off a division and there will be about 30 macs that need to be contracted out right now. So I am looking for someone interested in contacting them with ideas for management. Anyone based over in the UK that might be interested PM me...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.28.0 Beta Now Available

Hey Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 10.28.0 beta contains many new features, fixes, and enhancements that we are excited to share with you! Device compliance status criteria for smart groups and advanced searches For mobile devices registered with Azure AD...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Smart Group Lost Mode

Hello everyone, I am accounting for lost/damaged/stolen devices with some extension attributes assigned to the device in inventory. Whilst I know that it's possible to populate a smart group with extension attribute criteria, does anyone know if it's...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newest (2.2021) Google Drive installer Script?

Hi,Google Drive File Stream has become Google Drive and all the scripts out there for installing are now defunct. Does anyone want to take a crack at updating the Script out there? I'd love one that works! DL location is now https://dl.google.com/dri...  View more

aaf5105531b5422d8e2aac218860b5bf
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile Error 0x7fff8b2300e0

I am getting the following error when Jamf tries to push a newly created profiles using the "ProfileCreator" app from Github -[__NSCFConstantString objectForKeyedSubscript:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fff8b2300e0 Each of the profiles ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Screencasting on local systems

Hi Folks, with the remote work/learning we have been doing for a year, we are getting some requests from faculty to add the ability to screencast to multiple users in a classroom. Something we have not done in the past. I suggested we use Teams as it...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro - Azure AD

Hi all I am new to Jamf. I am looking to start enrolling our mac fleet into Jamf Pro. (we have v 10.26).We have AD on prem and bind Macs to a domain. I have some questions: Is it recommended to connect to Azure AD before or after enrolling our fleet?...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 200 prep

I will be taking the Jamf 200 course in March and wanted to ask the community what to expect and how to best prepare myself. I have been working with Jamf for a little over 2 years now and have deployed dozens of profiles and policies as well as work...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

enable user settings for management action messages

Hello community,hope, you're all well and healthy :) I need some help and hope, what I want to do (set up) will be possible.At the message center of MacOS, it is possible to configure, if applications can send messages or not. If the messages for an ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

deactivating profile on device fails

Hi,from time to time I've problems to delete a student's profile temporary from one device. Last time I tried that I deactivated the profile in the MDM and waited. After 36 hours where the device was restarted, updated and set to flight modus and bac...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf school + private Apple ID: Restore from iCloud

I have a problem restoring iPads from iCloud. I have managed iPads which are not shared. The teachers are allowed to use a private Apple-ID. We are changing to a new iPad version. I changed the startup so the teachers are able to login with their App...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEPNotify App Not Found in /Applications/Utilities

Hello... I was just made aware of DEPNotify this week and have spent the last couple of days trying to implement it. I read and followed information from https://hcsonline.com/images/Signed_DEPNotify.pdf, and https://gitlab.com/Mactroll/DEPNotify and...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors