Imaging: no computer account created on JSS

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

I've set up a new DP in a new office, synced from my master and everything seems in order.

However, after imaging, with a known good Imaging Configuration, the computer account does not appear in the JSS. Running recon from the command line at the client returns a 'bad username/pw error'. There is nothing new here as far as base image, admin accounts, management account etc., it's all the same as whats working at other sites. JSS 8.1 (sigh)

The client and server logs all look good, no mentions there about recon failure.

So my first question is, during the imaging process when is the computer account created on the JSS? Is it just before First Run, beginning of First Run, end of?

2 REPLIES 2

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Just before it run's inventory update. I believe that it's part of the first run. Mine are at the beginning.

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

There should be a stub record created in the JSS when you first start imaging. This appears to be broken - at least it has been in our environment for a while now. I believe the bug (D-003170) is that the stub record is not created when using an LDAP account with Casper Imaging in a Casper 8.6x environment. However, the machine should still enroll the first time it boots and processes the FirstRun script. I've noticed this part is taking upwards of 7 or 8 minutes when imaging a new machine with 10.8.