Importing LDAP users into Jamf Users

kurt_mitchell
New Contributor II

Is there a way to get all of our LDAP users into the Jamf Users section? We have a Jamf Infrastructure Manager with the LDAP proxy set up, and it can search for users and find them from the test, but I can't see anyplace to import the users that we will be assigning devices and software to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdamiano
Contributor II

The users tab is more or less "deprecated" and unnecessary. The only feature I have seen that requires this is the app requests feature in self service.

With your LDAP hook up you can still assign devices to the user in the user information tab on the device. It will pull relevant information into Jamf.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sdamiano
Contributor II

The users tab is more or less "deprecated" and unnecessary. The only feature I have seen that requires this is the app requests feature in self service.

With your LDAP hook up you can still assign devices to the user in the user information tab on the device. It will pull relevant information into Jamf.

kurt_mitchell
New Contributor II

Thanks sdamiano! I appreciate the information.

Samplerr
New Contributor II

I realize this post it old but wanted to mention.... On shared iPad's you have to assign Web Clips to Users. It won't work assigning the web clip to the device. Unless someone knows another way?

JoeIzzard
New Contributor

We have just run into this. Rolling out Shared iPads and ran into the WebClips issue, support got us on the right track to assign to users, but it seems the only way for that to work is to manually add everyone in Jamf which when we already have an LDAP server available seems like a lot of work for a WebClip.

Did you find another way in the end @Samplerr?

Jon_Bascos
New Contributor

I'm curious about this too.  I was hoping to be able to import all of my LDAP users as well.  *watching*

Samplerr
New Contributor II

https://support.apple.com/guide/apple-school-manager/sync-users-from-azure-ad-axm3ec7b95ad/web is what I used to sync my users from azure ad to apple school manager.  

Then I import users from apple school manager to jamf pro. https://docs.jamf.com/10.30.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Importing_Users_to_Jamf_Pro_from_Apple_Sc...