In-house app provisioning w/o Enterprise

AppaCreek
New Contributor

Trying to distribute an in-house app with a .ipa file.  The salesman who pitched JAMF Pro assured us multiple times that we did not have to have a paid Enterprise Developer program with Apple.  I'm starting to think they were wrong.

Does anyone have any experience generating a provisioning profile without going through Enterprise?  Will AD-Hoc distribution work?

I am the developer for the app.

1 REPLY 1

cenforce
New Contributor III

Hi @AppaCreek, while an Apple Developer account is required to create provisioning profiles, Ad-Hoc distribution can be an alternative to enterprise distribution. With Ad-Hoc, you can distribute the app to a limited number of devices without the need for the App Store. However, it's essential to note that Ad-Hoc distribution comes with limitations, such as a maximum number of devices and periodic renewal requirements for the provisioning profile. I recommend checking the specific requirements on the Apple Developer portal or consulting with Apple support to ensure compliance with their distribution policies and explore the best approach for your in-house app deployment through JAMF Pro.

jamf man