Installing Adobe CC, having issues

fbaker
New Contributor III

Hey everybody, I'm attempting to remotely deploy Adobe CC via the JSS. I've followed instructions I was able to find here and using the script it had also linked found here.

I checked the jamf.log file, and verified the policy started to run, so I left work yesterday to let it finish as the package is around 19-20GB.

This morning, when I checked back in, I noticed it did not install. The log file the script creates showed the following.

2016-11-30 15:09:48: Mounting the DMG Adobe_Install.dmg...
2016-11-30 15:09:50: DMG mounted successfully as volume /Volumes/Build on device /dev/disk2.
2016-11-30 15:09:50: Installing Package Adobe CC 2016-2017_Install.pkg Adobe CC 2016-2017_Uninstall.pkg from mount path /Volumes/Build...
2016-11-30 15:09:50: There was an error installing the package. Exit Code: 1

I tried running the policy again and it returned

2016-12-01 08:46:20: Mounting the DMG Adobe_Install.dmg...
2016-12-01 08:46:21: DMG mounted successfully as volume on device .
2016-12-01 08:46:21: Installing Package from mount path ...
2016-12-01 08:46:21: There was an error installing the package. Exit Code: 1

Could anybody be of assistance or tell me a way they've figured out how to package and deploy CC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shoesmithlc
New Contributor III

060801dbafbb4f60995b57cd1eff20c5

As you can see the image. I had to change my cache policy to point them directly to one of our servers.. Once that happen all of the Mac's cached the update/full install pkg. Then the install policy started to show up in Self Service.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

ErgodirektMac
New Contributor III

Hi fbaker,

did you have any other installations of Adobe on your Mac (before).
At least i had a problem with an installation of Adobe Creative Suite 5.5.

After deleting everything of Adobe on the Mac, the installation via JSS works fine.

fbaker
New Contributor III

@ErgodirektMac No I did not have any previous installations. Only used Adobes CCP tool to do the original download of the package.

CapU
Contributor III

I use Creative Cloud packager so I can authorize the applications and let the app create the pkg. I then I copy into Casper Admin, create a Policy to deploy.
After which the user just opens the app either from the Dock or Applications folder. I don't want them to have to create an Adobe account so this covers my need exactly.

fbaker
New Contributor III

@CapU Our distribution point is also our smb share, which I think is the reason why I'm having to go through the above mentioned steps in my original post. Is yours the set up the same way? It was my understanding you can't deploy the package from CCP directly into casper admin and have it work correctly.

adeetz
New Contributor

I had to check the box on the package to "Install on boot drive after imaging" in JSS. That resolved the install issues we were having. It seemed that some of our machines would not install the package fully unless this was checked.

fbaker
New Contributor III

@adeetz And was that just by dragging the install package created by CCP into casper admin and creating the policy for deployment?

Shoesmithlc
New Contributor III

060801dbafbb4f60995b57cd1eff20c5

As you can see the image. I had to change my cache policy to point them directly to one of our servers.. Once that happen all of the Mac's cached the update/full install pkg. Then the install policy started to show up in Self Service.

CapU
Contributor III

@fbaker Our JSS is on a windows server. I just drag the package created by CCP into casper admin. Done. I can also use ARD to install the package. What version of CCP are you using? I create 2015 and 2016 CC packages.
One of our instructors wants the students to be admins and learn how to install apps by themselves. For him I create a huge package with all of the apps in it and give him the installer for his class.

fbaker
New Contributor III

@CapU I'm using CCP version 10.0.0.49. I'll try dragging the install package back into admin, but I was getting some errors yesterday when trying to do so.

@KDE82 I'll give that a try as well to see if that helps. I'm assuming the install policy you're speaking of is the install cached method?

Shoesmithlc
New Contributor III

Correct

fbaker
New Contributor III

@KDE82 Excellent! That actually worked for me! Where does the JSS cache the package locally? I'd like to have a script run after install to clean up the old files.

Shoesmithlc
New Contributor III

hope this helps you. Found this from another JAMF thread.

"Posted: 9/3/10 at 8:08 AM by Account deleted

Cached packages are stored in /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads
The Downloads folder will not appear until you select something to be
cached.

We used Caching when we rolled out Office 2008 to our 900 users, then just
used the "install from cache" to trigger the installation. It went very well
and cut down on network traffic."

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/1943/caching-packages-installs