Installing QuickAdd without user interaction

Millertime
New Contributor III

What's up JAMF Nation??

Okay tell me I'm making this too complicated, and you all have a really easy fix for me here..

Problem: If I'm using Casper Imaging from an external disk and imaging machine, I can't enroll it into our JSS (because the machine is not connected to our network).

What I need: Is there a way to run our QuickAdd silently after the machine is booted to our network (When the JSS is available)? I'll be running this from our temporary 'deployment account' which is an admin. At the end of the deployment process I'll run a recon -endUsername $USER, to be sure it's assigned to the correct user. Though I don't want the tech to have to click 'next' 'next' 'next'.

Okay.. now gimme your super easy solution that I'm over looking!

Thanks
Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Millertime
New Contributor III

just kidding... the syntax was:

echo $adminpw | sudo -S installer -pkg path/to/quickadd.pkg -target /

Sorry for the confusion, I'll now hang my head in shame as I partially blame @oldman :)

Bill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Millertime
New Contributor III

Hi, I'm Bill and I didn't realize what command line options were available for 'installer'.

@oldman found that if we simply add a -S to the command line.. yeah, that takes care of it.

Alrighty then... Mark this down to a learning experience.

*Hope this at least helps someone else out in the future*

Millertime
New Contributor III

just kidding... the syntax was:

echo $adminpw | sudo -S installer -pkg path/to/quickadd.pkg -target /

Sorry for the confusion, I'll now hang my head in shame as I partially blame @oldman :)

Bill