Installomator Error

NeilScholes
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am very new to JAMF and have an issue with Installomator, I am trying to use it to install several apps. I have created smart groups for each app one that will see if the package is up to date or not installed and another for the members of that group so I can use it in the policy.

In the policy I have it set to deploy the app name that I found from the github package list, every app that I try to install this way fails and gives me an exit code 4 error;

2023-01-27 06:26:32 : REQ : adobereaderdc : ################## End Installomator, exit code 4

Error running script: return code was 4.

I am not sure what is causing this error for the packages I am trying to deploy, any help would be appreciated!?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

R_C
Contributor

They haven't updated for Adobe Reader DC yet... Adobe renamed the app from Adobe Reader DC.APP to Adobe Reader.APP which is going to break tons of scripts.

NeilScholes
New Contributor II

I see! Typical Adobe, not sure why they renamed acrobat, they can be a pain.

I am unsure why I can not get any app to deploy through it, they all fail with exit code 4, I have reverted back to using packages and deploying with them. They work so may have to use this until I can figure out why installomator is not working for me.

Thank you for the reply

how are you utilizing the script, policy calling it from jamf or is it locally pushed to user machines?

What are your variables set to in the script?

What do the parameters look like in the policy?

Hi

We have the installomator script with only one variable which is app to install, we use the list on the wiki page to collect the correct name for the app to install.

I have 2 smart groups per app trying to install one if the app is not installed and one if it is installed, any computers in the group then use the policy this is an ongoing event that will install the app unless they are int he smart group that says the app is installed.

Thank you

There should be more than one variable set in the script, can you share a SS of how the variables are set, this is likely the issue.