Installs failing in 13.1 before login screen

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Hi all, since system 10.14 we have been using a script that calls some policy triggers during "enrollment complete" and forces certain apps to install (chrome, firefox, microsoft company portal, office365 etc).  Since using 13.1 as the base we are seeing random installs failing during this process.  Sometime chrome is failing, sometime office365, so it's randomly not liking the install.  I feel like it must be another process that is running that is causing a conflict (perhaps the app store installs of pages numbers keynote and GarageBand and iMovie?), but I'm not sure.

Anyone else seeing this?  Also running the same installer again seems to go through without error.  Wondering if i can maybe modify the script to check for errors and try a 2nd time if it fails.

"Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Microsoft 365 and Office for Mac
installer: Upgrading at base path / installer: The upgrade failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred connecting to the installation service.)"

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
0 REPLIES 0