Integrating an LDAP Server

sujal1208
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

So I want to start assigning laptops to users and thought about integrating our AzureAD LDAP server to populate the users, building, department, and building but I don't want the LDAP to change anything in terms how the MacBooks works.

Right now, we have about less than 50 people on Mac that are using local accounts and we want it to be remain the same. Just scared that the Mac(s) will start asking for them to sign into their domain account vs what they are used to. Is this something I need to worry about?

3 REPLIES 3

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

If you are using Azure, look at the Cloud IdP setting with Azure. Then you would assign the computer in Jamf to your Azure users and it will pull additional user information (email, real name, etc.) from Azure. You can pull build and departments, but they must match up with what you have in Jamf. 

This doesn't affect the computers, just what is reported in Jamf. 

sujal1208
New Contributor III

Right now, there is no information on each of the laptops that ties the users/buildings and departments. If I understand correctly, if I link the Cloud IdP setting from Azure, all that data should get updated in Jamf? Also thanks for the quick response. 

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

The update won't be automatic. You will need to update the user record in Jamf to the user Azure UPN. With less than 50 computers, you may just want to do that manually. Once you enter the user's UPN, the rest of the data gets pulled automatically from Azure. Also, you can set so that, when a computer runs inventory, any user data that has been changed in Azure is automatically update in Jamf.