Invalid Message - The message could not be parsed.

jbestine
New Contributor III

I'm trying to re-enroll a device that has not checked in for some time due to the MDM Profile expiring on the device.  we've tried to do a sudo jamf recon and get the following:

Retrieving inventory preferences from  (jamfserver)...
Finding extension attributes...
Locating accounts...
Locating applications...
Locating hard drive information...
Searching path: /System/Applications
Locating software updates...
Locating printers...
Searching path: /Applications
Locating hardware information (macOS 13.6.0)...
Submitting data to (jamf server)...

There was an error.

Invalid Message - The message could not be parsed.

Looking at the log we are seeing:

[ERROR] [502:CPPrefPaneExt] [CE] Profile installation (MDM Profile (00000000-0000-0000-A000-4A414D460003:00000000-0000-0000-A000-4A414D460003)) ==> New profile does not meet criteria to replace existing profile. <CPFAccess:102>

Jamf is telling us that we need to re-image the machine, but it's really not acceptable for this user and now we may have another in the same state.  

8 REPLIES 8

Ashok_A
New Contributor III

@jbestine how did you tried the re-enrollment? By removing the Jamf Binary Framework and installing the MDM profile using User-Initiated Enrollment or Profile renewal Command (to initiated the ADE).?

In both the cases, have you tried deleting the Jamf Computer Entry from your console before re-enrolling the Mac Computer with Jamf? What version of Jamf Pro you are running ?

Best Regards,
Ashok Amirthalingam
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashokamirthalingam/

jbestine
New Contributor III

Yes we have.  We are on Jamf Pro 10.50.0

jbestine
New Contributor III

We are going to try the solution here to remove the MDM on the device:

https://graffino.com/til/UmkCdmEx7v-remove-a-non-removable-mdm-profile-from-macos-without-a-complete...

tim1
New Contributor

did this work? i am having the same error on a few computers in a classroom lab

MoeMunyoki
New Contributor II

I have the same issue and I'm remote so troubleshooting is difficult.
Re-enrolling via the API (jamf-management-framework/redeploy) doesn't work either.
Is there a surefire solution that doesn't require a wipe?

claudio_provini
New Contributor III

Hi, i've the same issue too on some computer, the reason could be the version of jamf that is 

version=10.32.0-t1629489791 instead of 

version=11.3.2-t1710427376

how can we update without wiping computers?

thanks

Claudio

Good morning Claudio, every now and then, Jamf stops supporting older OSes and the Jamf binary is capped at a specific version (v10.32.0). What's the macOS version of the device w/ v10.32.0? 10.13.x?
Also, I'm getting the error message on old AND new devices that have the latest Jamf binary.

claudio_provini
New Contributor III

Hi, thanks for you reply, some mac had old version like 10.13 or 10.14 but some mac had recent version of OS like 10.13 or 10.14, so i can't understand why jamf has not been updated

Thanks

Claudio