Inventory will be updated when all queued actions in Self Service are complete. ??

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I am now seeing this in a policies log after it runs, what is going on ?

policy that adds a driver/printer in the same single policy. Custom event calls policy that installs driver and then a couple commands that modifies permissions.

Driver installs successfully (as seen in driver install policy log), in the add printer log, I see the 'Inventory will be updated when all queued actions in Self Service are complete'

I have other printer policies setup the same way and do not get this 'Inventory will be updated when all queued actions in Self Service are complete'.

anybody else get this?

not sure if it is a concern or not

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

There's no concern here. This was a change made several JSS versions back. It was in response to one of my Feature Requests being implemented. See here
Were you guys on a very old version of Casper up until recently? Like pre-9.4? If so, and you just updated, that would be why you're only seeing it now. It also won't always show up. It depends partially on how the policy was run, meaning what triggers initiated it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

There's no concern here. This was a change made several JSS versions back. It was in response to one of my Feature Requests being implemented. See here
Were you guys on a very old version of Casper up until recently? Like pre-9.4? If so, and you just updated, that would be why you're only seeing it now. It also won't always show up. It depends partially on how the policy was run, meaning what triggers initiated it.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

was on 9.51 until about 2 weeks ago. At 9.81 now