iOS 7 and Configurator

dudavis
New Contributor

When using Configurator with iOS 7, we are not able to keep the first-run screen from displaying. Has any one found a way around this?

I'm thinking our iOS 6 enrollment profile might be the cause, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this with an iOS 7 profile.

6 REPLIES 6

fgsdepinon
New Contributor

We are having the same problem. We upgraded our computer to OS X 10.8.5 and upgraded Apple Configurator to v1.4. We built a new iOS 7 template and created a backup after going through the first run screens. New iPads that are configured from this backup in Configurator still force you to go through the iOS 7 setup screens. We are using a new JSS v8.72 iOS 7 profile. We did not have this problem with Configurator v1.3 and iOS 6. We opened a case with Apple Enterprise support and they are looking into the problem, but no answer yet.

dudavis
New Contributor

I'm still testing it, but I have had some sporadic luck when I set "Update iOS" to "Never update device"
I will see if I can get to repeat on multiple devices and follow up later.

dudavis
New Contributor

I think the trick is having "Never update device" set when restoring the backup.

dudavis
New Contributor

It looks like that only works if the setup assistant was completed and least once before on that device.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Try restarting the device after it has been restored, instead of going through the setup assistant.

krusej23
New Contributor

You need to do a backup of one that you have gone through the setup assistant and then restore it.