iOS 9.3.5 and iPad Mail Issues

john_bio
New Contributor III

We seem to have a issue with iOS 9.3.5. We’re seeing on our end most people who have installed the update are starting to develop email issues on the device. (Specifically iPads)

It seems that if you are running 9.3.5 and try to send an attachment with the Mail.app built into the device that Mail becomes non functional and will crash upon launching.

The only way I’ve found to restore it to a working state is to remove the Mail MDM profile off the device, and then push it back onto it but this is only tempoary until they try and send an attachment again.

Most of our 200 sales staff have developed the issue, And I think its contingent on when they try to send an attachment and I’ve spend a good part of the last few days re-installing mail profiles on peoples devices. Luckily Casper makes this very easy.

Things that I’ve noted:
- The issue seems to be iPad only, I have not had any reports of iPhones doing this
- The issue seems to start when they try to send an attachment from another app on the device
- Once the issue begins, you can not recover from it without pulling the mail profile and re pushing it
- Were seeing this across 2 MDM solutions, Both Casper and Meraki that one of our sister companies uses. So not calling it a JAMF issue.

I was just wondering if anyone is seeing the same? If so, any other solutions, anyone I can talk too?

Just seeing this exact issue across 2 seperate businesses now and its affecting just over 200 people at the company I sysadmin for, and now 350+ people at the company that owns ours.

0 REPLIES 0