IOS Config Profile to Lock an iPad after DEP

Tildo
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am Just after help. I have an issue where I need to Lock devices after completing the DEP process for iPads. We are having iPad purchased for the institution by different departments which are missing our Jamf Prestage enrolments because we have multiple prestages.

I have set up a new prestage to auto enroll devices assigned by authorized resellers via ASM. They are getting provisioned in our Prestage called (Unregistered Devices) as they should. The devices need to come to our IT department to get processed with assets tags etc, but there is nothing stopping users using the device without it being registered with our IT department first.

I was looking a way of locking the device straight after finishing the DEP process but I can't seem to find any reference to doing it.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

1 REPLY 1

timbyler1890
New Contributor III

Yes this can be done fairly easily, we are doing this on our setup. 

What we are doing is connecting a a very restrictive profile to a smart device group and then the criteria for the smart group is a static group. You go into the static group and assign the device to the group, which has the effect of removing the restrictive policy.