iOS Configuration Profiles

mrshultz
New Contributor

Are there any plans to update the iOS configuration profiles in JSS 8.72?

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I don't know for sure, but my impression is that JAMF released 8.72 for iOS 7, and presumably will release an 8.73 or something for Mavericks, but these releases are simply to ensure that the older 8.x series of Casper Suite works with the new respective OSes. Any new features introduced in the OSes will likely not be implemented in these versions, instead reserved for version 9.x.

So if you were asking about new items that are available for iOS Configuration Profiles with iOS 7, my guess is you may not be seeing these in 8.72, or any other 8.7x version. The version 8 line is more or less done from a development standpoint.

mrshultz
New Contributor

Not the answer I was hoping for, but it is the one I expected.

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi mrshultz -

If you would like to use the new configuration profiles added for iOS7 but cannot update to Casper Suite 9 yet, you can still upload any configuration profile created by Configurator or Profile Manager into the JSS.

For example, if you would like to take advantage of the new web content filter payload, create it in Configurator, export it, and then upload it to the JSS for deployment. Any profile should work like this.

I hope this helps!