iOS End of Year Practices and Clean Up Advice/Thoughts

Gern
New Contributor III

Greetings all. We have about 1800 iPads coming in for collection at the end of the week. My main goal for collection is to get a name with a serial number list. For making buildings and groups. Even though we use usernames for the iPads there is about 100 or so that are still named "Student-Serial#" that don't look to be hooked up to Apple Classroom. I was thinking that if changing the name of the iPad in settings on the device to our "school identifier" it would make a decent list that I could export. Updating to 10.3 is also on the procedure list so I can wipe and shut down from remote commands. My concern is that I will have large amounts in piles that don't connect to receive the commands for wipe and shut down. Is there a time limit I have to export this list? I am definitely going to try to do it as soon as possible but I worry that some may not have connected with jamf in that time to change the names in the JSS. Any advice would be welcome. My thinking could be way off and there might be a way easier answer. Also if you want to post what your procedures you do that would be awesome too. Thanks for taking the time to read.

0 REPLIES 0