Is anyone getting a Verification Failed error message using Managed Apple IDs

jmwillets
New Contributor

We had 5 ipads that won't let students sign in with their Managed Apple IDs. They received an error message that said, “Verification Failed. This service is not allowed for this Apple ID.” This happened right after they tried their Apple ID and temporary password. I reset the ipads erasing all contents and settings and then reset the Apple ID passwords, and it still does not work. The ipads are successfully connecting with our Casper Server before the Apple ID prompt. Any ideas or suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Emmert
Valued Contributor

Just saw this this morning with a student account from ASM. Calling Apple Enterprise Support about it now.

Edit: The iPad needs to be >= iOS 9.3 for ASM accounts to work.

rtjones99
New Contributor II

Same issue here lads, was ok until last week, middle of November '16!

I'm having to crap the ASM Apple ID's and go back to standard accounts until there's a fix due to new students needing iPads.
Poor really...

I can change the password but that's as far as i get.

I can log into App store with the account but not iCloud.
We can also access other account on the device so it's definitely further up.

Thanks
Ross

72576d5191b64759ae78f7e23099c3ae

rsgrammar
New Contributor II

we also have been having the same issue, but i manage to get it to activate / verify after enabling Apple ID during PreStage enrollment on a DEP iPad.

During the initial setup it prompts the user for Apple ID username and password, i entered the managed ID and Password after a few minutes of activating and verifying it continued and i was logged on using the managed apple ID on the iPad.

i logged in using the same Apple ID on a non DEP device and it continued to work.

not really a solution tho - as would like to get it to work on our current device with data not new.