Issue with departments and multiple devices.

itsupport
New Contributor III

Hello all,

We have multiple users with multiple mobile devices. However, we have one user with 2 (iphone/iPad) mobile devices which will only allow us to assign a single mobile device to a department. If we assign their iPhone to a department, it will remove the department from their iPad and vice versa. Like I said before, we have many users with multiple devices and they don't seem to get this issue.

I've tried re-enrolling both the devices to jamf but it doesn't help. I'm a bit suck on what may be causing this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

According to JAMF, this as a known issue in 9.3 (D-006681). It is slated as Closed Verified, indicating it has been resolved, and will be fixed in the next release of the Casper Suite.

View solution in original post

pblake
Contributor III

I just remove the user from the second device and assign it the department and manually type in their name, and skip the ldap until this problem is fixed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

According to JAMF, this as a known issue in 9.3 (D-006681). It is slated as Closed Verified, indicating it has been resolved, and will be fixed in the next release of the Casper Suite.

pblake
Contributor III

I just remove the user from the second device and assign it the department and manually type in their name, and skip the ldap until this problem is fixed.

itsupport
New Contributor III

Thanks for the responses. pblake's workaround works great!