Issue with Implementing MDM Profiles and Secure Token Using Jamf Software

Katherine_Ryan
New Contributor

I've been working on setting up MDM profiles and implementing Secure Token for our devices using Jamf Software, and I've run into a bit of a roadblock. I'm trying to establish MDM profiles on a list of devices using Jamf Software. These profiles are supposed to work in conjunction with Apple's Device Enrollment Program (ADE).

I've double-checked my configurations, ensured that the devices are registered correctly with ADE, and waited for an adequate amount of time to allow for profile propagation. Still, the issue persists. Has anyone else faced a similar problem when integrating MDM profiles, ADE, and Secure Token using Jamf Software?

1 REPLY 1

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I think there may be some confusion in terminology.  To clarify, when you say "waited for an adequate amount of time," does this mean you completed setup assistant on the device?

Automated Device Enrollment requires the devices be assigned to MDM in Apple School/Business Manager, then assigned to an enrollment profile (PreStage Enrollment in Jamf Pro), and then enrolled by completing Setup Assistant on a new out of box (or a freshly erased) device.

The device will need to be enrolled and managed by Jamf Pro before you can escrow a Bootstrap Token.

For more information, see Use secure token, bootstrap token, and volume ownership in deployments