Issues with Casper Imaging with security update JSS 9.97.1488392992

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

I updated test environment to JSS 9.97.1488392992. I have windows JSS servers, so I did a manual upgrade after reading other thread about msi issues.

Imaging works ok with my previous version of Casper Imaging (9.97.1483031164 - we were on a special hotfix), but with the new version of CI 9.97.1488392992 - it consistently hangs at "unmounting distribution point... blessing system" after installing all of the packages on the 2 machines I've tried it on.

Curious if anyone out there that still uses Casper Imaging has upgraded the version on their netboots to 9.97.1488392992 and is successfully imaging and it's just something strange in our environment?

I understand I can run with the slightly older version and reimaged machines will just update their binary in the mean time.

2 REPLIES 2

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

I just tried to reproduce your issue, but it worked fine for me. My NetBoot set is 10.12.3 with Casper Imaging version 9.97.1488392992.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Nevermind, I figured it out. It was my mistake booting to netboot and copying new version of casper imaging from USB key to desktop. Running it straight from USB key seems ok (this is my workflow for testing imagine with test env updated, but prod not). Once I update production, I'll update CI in the nbi itself. Thanks for trying @cbrewer