Izotope Product Portal Install Issues

user-eEAAOlYAZi
New Contributor

Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to Jamf, but have been chugging along pretty well the past month or two. I've run into an issue, however, trying to use self service to allow users to Install Izotope Product Portal. The installer download from Izotope is a .dmg, but the installer inside that you launch is a .app. That .app initiates your typical installer dialogues that you click through and the installer runs. I just can't figure out how to deploy this. I've tried uploading the full .dmg, uploading the .app, and using composer to re-wrap the .app into a .pkg. Any help would be appreciated! Here is a link to the installer download, if anyone wants to take a look.

2 REPLIES 2

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

Have you already tried to do a snapshot in composer and then installing izotope?

Just re-wrapping the .app I don't think would work but a snapshot should

Fitzwater456
New Contributor

Launch Product Portal and navigate to the MY PRODUCTS tab. Then select the INSTALL/AUTHORIZE filter for an easy view of products available to install. Click “INSTALL” on the product you purchased, or click 'INSTALL ALL' to install all products that are not currently installed. acesetm