Jabra Direct Kernal Extension

jrb
New Contributor III

I need to whitelist Jabra Direct in a Configuration Profile since they're still using a kernal extension, but I've been unable to get the Team ID and Kernal Extension Bundle name from Jabra Enterprise Support (they read whitelist and think I'm trying to whitelist a url). I can't seem to reach anyone there who knows what I'm talking about.

Do any of you have this whitelisted already who can post the Team ID and Kernal Extension Bundle name?

5 REPLIES 5

psliequ
Contributor III

BundleID = com.jabra.usbdevice
TeamID = T939DEWMB4

jrb
New Contributor III

Thank you very much

jlattke
New Contributor III

Hello JRB, how do you package the Jabra Direct software itself? When I use the package from Jabra it always fails through self service installation … how have you solved this?

R_C
Contributor

@jlattke I modified a script to Download\Install the latest version of Jabra Direct to user machines. It can also be used to update existing versions by re-running it. Script below:

#!/bin/bash
# Based on a script that installs the latest version of chrome.

loggedInUser=$( echo "show State:/Users/ConsoleUser" | scutil | awk '/Name :/ && ! /loginwindow/ { print $3 }' )

if [[ -z "$loggedInUser" ]] || [[  "$loggedInUser" == 'root' ]] || [[ "$loggedInUser" == "loginwindow" ]] ; then
	echo "Failed to gather loggedInUser correctly"
	exit 1
else
	echo "loggedInUser is $loggedInUser"
fi
loggedInUID=$(id -u "$loggedInUser")

dmgfile="JabraDirectSetup.dmg"
volname="Jabra Direct Setup"
logfile="/Library/Logs/JabraInstallScript.log"
installerName="JabraDirectSetup.pkg"

url='https://jabraxpressonlineprdstor.blob.core.windows.net/jdo/JabraDirectSetup.dmg'

/bin/echo "--" >> ${logfile}
/bin/echo "`date`: Downloading latest version." >> ${logfile}
/usr/bin/curl -s -o /tmp/${dmgfile} ${url}
/bin/echo "`date`: Mounting installer disk image." >> ${logfile}
/usr/bin/hdiutil attach /tmp/${dmgfile} -nobrowse -quiet
/bin/echo "`date`: Installing..." >> ${logfile}

### run the installer as the user
/bin/launchctl asuser "$loggedInUID" /usr/sbin/installer -pkg "/Volumes/${volname}/${installerName}" -target /
/bin/sleep 10
/bin/echo "`date`: Unmounting installer disk image." >> ${logfile}
/usr/bin/hdiutil detach $(/bin/df | /usr/bin/grep "${volname}" | awk '{print $1}') -quiet
/bin/sleep 10
/bin/echo "`date`: Deleting disk image." >> ${logfile}
/bin/rm /tmp/"${dmgfile}"

exit 0

R_C
Contributor

Better overall solution is to use Installomator:

https://github.com/Installomator/Installomator

It will Install\Update JabraDirect amongst tons of other apps. Highly recommend baking this into your workflow.