JAMF API for iOS Application

BND10706
New Contributor

I am attempting to create an iOS app to help my company out with simple tasks that the API should be able to handle.

The problem I am facing is that the API for JAMF is less than friendly from what I can tell.

I have Postman scripts using the Classic API, but I am having a more difficult time with the JSS simply because of the authentication problem.

I can create credentials, but they seem to expire in 5 mins. Which makes using the api very difficult in an app.

On top of that. The PUT request does not seem to work in the JSS either.

I am looking for some help from someone who may have done this already and I just cannot figure it out.

Basically what my app is going to do is have 2 inputs. When you push to "Go" button, The first input will be a GET request to get the iOS device ID, then the 2nd input will do a PUT request for the location, more specifically the building of the device.

1 REPLY 1

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

By JSS, do you mean that new Jamf Pro API, which is still in Beta? Why can't you use the Classic API to build your App. Considering the new API is not even complete yet, I don't see the Classic API going away anytime soon.

Looking at the documentation for the Jamf Pro API for mobile-devices, it doesn't appear that PUT is an option, they are using PATCH to update mobile-devices, not PUT.

Again, just remember that the Jamf Pro API is still in "Beta" and not fully developed. Jamf is adding and removing endpoints with each new release. If you can, you might be better off using the Classic API for now.