JAMF binary certificate trust

jstrauss
Contributor

Sorry if I'm repeating an issue that's been solved - I looked through the threads and I couldn't find this so I'm asking.

I just transferred a user's data from one machine to another via Time Machine, and was having a few issues with the new computer showing up in the JSS. I decided to sudo jamf removeFramework from the new machine and add the old machine to a group for decommissioned machines. Now, the new machine will not show up in the JSS regardless of the fact that I ran Recon on it. The JAMF 7.31 binary is on the machine, because when I sudo jamf manage I receive the following error:

The jamf binary could not connect to the JSS because the certificate is not trusted.

I've never seen this before, and I haven't played much with the certificate stuff in the new version. Any help?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey A. Strauss
Systems Administrator
Department of Educational Technology
Loyola High School of Los Angeles
1901 Venice Boulevard
Los Angeles, Ca 90006
213.381.5121 x. 265

4 REPLIES 4

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Recon the machine from the Recon app and it should fix this.

Steve Wood
Director of IT
swood at integer.com

The Integer Group | 1999 Bryan St. | Ste. 1700 | Dallas, TX 75201
T 214.758.6813 | F 214.758.6901 | C 940.312.2475

jstrauss
Contributor

I did. Sorry, it was unclear: when I said I ran Recon on it, I meant with the app. That put the binary back on the machine, but didn't add the machine to the JSS despite having completed successfully.

Sent from a mobile device.

ernstcs
Contributor III

So, what if you hold option while the recon.app loads and enter your server info again and check the box to allow invalid cert. I apologize if you’ve done this already, but if you haven’t reset your recon.app prefs since upgrading the app, this may happen. You can also change this in the preferences for the app of course, but I like just holding option.

And of course, sorry if you already tried all this.

Craig E

jstrauss
Contributor

Stupid mistake - running an old version of Recon.app.

Jeffrey A. Strauss
Systems Administrator
Department of Educational Technology
Loyola High School of Los Angeles
1901 Venice Boulevard
Los Angeles, Ca 90006
213.381.5121 x. 265