Jamf Connect Boot Loop

Antbanks51
New Contributor III

We have started seeing an issue lately where devices get stuck on the Jamf Connect screen.  It stalls on the part where it states "Passing command and control to Jamf Pro" and even after multiple reboots it gets stuck there.  The most recent one was our CIO who got stuck at that screen after updating the OS.  Previous users randomly just got there after rebooting.

Has anyone seen this?

2 REPLIES 2

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

I’ve seen this before when a policy that used the restart payload was utilized and the LaunchDaemon didn’t get properly cleaned up. At least I think it was a LaunchDaemon. It could have been a LaunchAgent. Look in /Library folder in the LaunchAgents or LaunchDaemons folder for a plist file that has the restart command in it. I normally booth the computer in Safe Mode and then look in those two folders as the com.jamf plist files to see if any of them have the restart in them. 

Antbanks51
New Contributor III

It turns out that our smart group to exclude devices form the Zero Touch Initial Run had the criteria incorrect so devices were running these over and over.  Not sure if changing that will fix the issue but I will check in within a week or so to update in hopes this can help someone in the future.