Jamf Extension attribute script bug (bash)

BCPeteo
Contributor II

When using #!/bin/bash in an Extension attribute script in Jamf Pro (10.46)  Jamf will error when trying to save. Not sure this has been fixed in a later version. #!/bin/zsh works fine though.

3 REPLIES 3

Bol
Valued Contributor

I couldn't replicate in 11.1.3, saved ok. What was the error, have you tried another browser / private window?
Maybe try copying the text into a blank plain text document, then paste back in in case of a weird character throwing the error.
Also is there an existing, working item already created? You could try cloning and modifying to get you by.
For logs, you could enable debugging, trigger the error and check or maybe the jamfsoftware log files

Bol_0-1704374153005.png

Failing that, upgrade and test maybe. Only known issues included items named with a leading number or includes a comma but it's to do with exporting reports I believe

BCPeteo
Contributor II

Thanks.  I have tried multiple browsers, and privacy modes. and made sure its just text and manually typed it in. The error is really odd Just displays:

port ID: 13547878730926650711 and spinning blue refresh wheel in the browser

I can use #!/bin/sh and that works fine. Just happens when you use  #!/bin/bash

Not sure its a big deal as we will be upgrading to 11 soon so hopefully it is fixed

Bol
Valued Contributor

Wow ok, that's another world random to my brain at this time. Looks like you tried it all, hope it sorts out and be interested to hear if you pin this down!